top of page
Joe DioGuardi Speaks at the Reagan National Defense Forum 2014
Truth In Government is a public watchdog organization dedicated to fiscal responsibility in government through the promotion of honest budgeting, accounting, financial management and reporting practices by Congress and the Executive Branch.
Apply generally accepted accounting principles for government-wide use on the federal level.
Reform the current federal budget process to include a capital budget, and zero-based budgeting on a biennial basis.
Make the Chief Financial Officer's function an independent, cabinet-level position with a 15-year term.
Prepare independently audited, annual financial statements for the federal government that the average citizen can make sense of.
The Truth In Government Agenda for America
Educate the American people about the role as taxpaying consumers of government goods and services through the funds our government taxes, borrows, and spends for them.
Demand accountability from our elected officials using the voting booth to implement:
* Generally accepted accounting principles for the federal government
* Uniform government-wide accounting systems and reporting practices
* Professionally qualified Chief Financial Officers in all government
agencies and departments
* Independently audited, annual financial statements
* A capital budget, and zero-based budgeting on a biennial basis
Safeguard our children's capital and the "American Dream" by being informed about the true state of our nation's fiscal affairs.
bottom of page